Hotel Abentofail in the Heart of Guadix

When I spotted this tiny-frontaged hotel on a wander around Guadix I just had to go inside. The quaint entrance of the hotel and small reception entrance of old-style brickwork and grand wooden doors open onto a light-and airy patio filled with mosaic tables.

I sat drinking coffee to the sound of trickling water and soft music while gazing up at the wooden galleries, that access the 16 bedrooms, in this fabulously restored Mudejar house once a large family home.


Just a minute from both the Cathedral and the Alcazar this is a great base for exploring Guadix town and surrounds. The hotel has been skillfully transformed using reclaimed materials, and I loved it. The restaurant is atmospheric with brickwork and coloumns, seperate corners and a pleasant bar makes it a relaxing change from many brightly lit formal dining areas.

On my next visit to Guadix I´ll stay there rather than just having coffee and a nose around. The downside could be that parking is where you can find it on the streets above and there are some quite steep steps down to the Plaza de la Constitución, a minor issue for some, bigger for others.

Plaza de la Constitución, Guadix

See some more photos from my Guadix trip.

Popular Posts