Carmona

It´s been a while since I wrote anything. After my gmail account was hacked into the same day that hubby came home after three weeks and two days before visitors, who wanted dinner, bed and breakfast and to cycle on the Via Verde, came into Casa El Regüelo our holiday home I´ve been pretty busy.


Casa El Regüelo through Chapel Arch


Now hubby´s gone back to the UK, our lovely lady visitors have gone and finally I sorted my email account and it is back to normal, no incomings in the bin or resends via google´s unsentmail.

I took hubby to Sevilla airport again, this time visiting the fabulous town of Carmona to the east of Sevilla and on the way (2.25 hours) home. I´d have loved to go back to Sevilla city but unfortunately this was a week day and lots of lovely Spanish kids awaited (not eagerly) their English lesson.

So back I came after a hot tramp around Carmona, to which I´ll definately return. The sheer amount of monuments to wander around, gaze at and photograph was impressive.


Carmona from Alcazar


But the best, streets ahead, was the Parador Alcazar del Rey Don Pedro. This four star hotel, whose name means Fortress of King Paul, is set among Moorish ruins, styled on the original fortress with Moorish style views and look-out location views.


Entrance to Carmona Parador



Popular Posts