Skip to main content

Featured Posts

Monday Morning Photo - Wisteria Time in Andalucia

How quickly spring comes around after the short winter here in the Sierra Sur de Jaén. After lots of very much needed rain we´re back to the normal cloudless blue.  My garden is shooting incredbily with the moisture and now sunshine. And my beautiful wisteria flowers grandly albeit it short-lived. The big black carpenter bees love it. Each flowering season reminds me of the Botanical Gardens in Malaga and the ´tunnel´ of wisteria that I haven´t yet caught in bloom. April is a good time to plan to go if it´s on your list.  Here´s the botanical garden link La Concepción Botanical Gardens. And a sneaky peak at the wisteria. See the Monday Morning Photos list.

Wildflower Walks in Andalucia

I headed off with (Dim) Jim yesterday morning up the hills behind our house and hadn´t been gone long when I wished I´d my camera. Even though we´re now into June the wildflowers were incredible.

A huge and diverse array and display. I don´t usually pick flowers, I prefer to see them growing and not dying, but with no camera I decided to take some home to photograph there.








This year, and it seems every year since chemical weedkillers were stopped, the flowers have been just gorgeous. Normally mid May would be the best time to see them, this year because of a couple of rainy days they´ve gone on and on.

We had four ladies stay at Casa El Reguelo and we took them to the Via Verde de Aceite to walk and cycle. They were in awe of the diversity of flowers and the peace at our holiday home, they´ll be back they say.


Popular Posts